RANDOM STUFF :: ethical policy
The main focus of the ethical policy is on reducing consumption and improving efficiency of the happy hippo's day to day running of the business. Any investment or banking undertaken by the business will be done through the ethical channels.
- Business is conducted with due regard to the environment, its habitats and biodiversity.
- The business operations are regularly assessed for compliance with this policy.
- Environment considerations are taken into account in all business decisions.
- Employees are encouraged to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Suppliers are encouraged to operate in an environmentally responsible manner and such encouragement is made a condition of any supply.
- Reduce the use of energy through awareness programmes and through designing efficiency into new buildings, equipment, travel and transport and other working practices.
- Public transport will be promoted at all levels of the business.
- Reduce the use of water and materials through awareness programmes and through designing efficiency into new buildings, equipment and working practices.
- Reduce, reuse or recycle solid waste where economically and environmentally sensible. When these options are not available, dispose of solid waste in the most environmentally responsible manner.
- Favour supplies derived from recycled materials or renewable resources. Avoid supplies derived from endangered species.
- Reduce the use of hazardous or non-degradable chemicals.
- Reduce the use of ozone depleting substances in supplied packaging materials, refrigerants and fire suppression systems by specifying new equipment that is free of such materials and replacing existing systems as directed by legislation.
- Animal testing is not supported by the business and all products bought will be bought with this concept in mind.
- No animal based product will be used by this business.